“Most parents think the NYC school admissions process is overwhelming.*”
FACT: Our families have performed significantly better in the NYC school admissions process.**
We can help you save time, aggravation, improve your result, and gain peace of mind.
What makes us different?
Founded by a former Department of Education official and independent school admissions officer, we have helped hundreds of NYC families, trained hundreds of school counselors, interviewed hundreds of students, and reviewed thousands of school applications.
“YOU ARE THE GURU OF HIGH SCHOOL ADMISSIONS.”
(recent quote from a Department of Education official)
We can help you:
- Eliminate the guesswork and all the time and effort it takes to understand what REALLY works
- Find schools that are the best fit for YOUR child
- Develop a customized plan of action based on your goals
- Navigate each part of the NYC school application and admissions process
- Communicate effectively with schools and the Department of Education
- Prepare for interviews, writing samples, and portfolios
- Prepare an application that maximizes your chances for a successful result
- Develop sound strategies for applying to
NYC Specialized High Schools and taking the SHSAT
- Develop an effective overall school search strategy
Why wait any longer?
*Center for New York City Affairs at The New School 2009 report
**Based on historical Round 1 high school admissions results vs. other families.
NYC Admissions Solutions Blog
College admissions expert Tony Natelli joins NYC Admissions Solutions.
As you embark on your next adventure, NYC high school, there are some concrete things that you can do to make your high school experience run smoothly and productively.
By Sarah Bernstein, Fusion Academy Brooklyn I know there are a few of you reading this hoping for me to provide a direct road map for finding the “best” school for your child. However, just like I say to my students at Fusion Academy, my philosophy is more...read more
It seems like I’m getting more and more frantic calls from new clients with rising 9th graders this time of year – after high school placements have been made. Many of these families think all hope is lost. A common scenario involves families who went through...read more
If you are a 6th or 7th grade family in NYC, you are probably at least somewhat aware of what 8th grade families have been experiencing over the past several months with the high school admissions process – whether it’s for public, private, parochial, charter, or any...read more
The SHSAT is currently the sole criterion for entry to the specialized high schools – eight of the most elite high schools out of hundreds in New York City. We have some background information to share. — NYC Admissions Solutions