“Most parents think the NYC school admissions process is overwhelming.*”
FACT: Our families have performed significantly better in the NYC school admissions process.**
We can help you save time, aggravation, improve your result, and gain peace of mind.
What makes us different?
Founded by a former Department of Education official and independent school admissions officer, we have helped hundreds of NYC families, trained hundreds of school counselors, interviewed hundreds of students, and reviewed thousands of school applications.
“YOU ARE THE GURU OF HIGH SCHOOL ADMISSIONS.”
(recent quote from a Department of Education official)
We can help you:
- Eliminate the guesswork and all the time and
effort understanding what REALLY works
- Find schools that are the best fit for YOUR child
- Develop a customized plan of action based on your goals
- Navigate each part of the NYC school application and admissions process
- Communicate effectively with schools and the Department of Education
- Prepare for interviews, writing samples, and portfolios
- Prepare an application that maximizes your chances for a successful result
- Develop sound strategies for applying to
NYC Specialized High Schools and taking the SHSAT
- Develop a sound, effective overall school search strategy
Why wait any longer?
*Center for New York City Affairs at The New School 2009 report
**Based on historical Round 1 high school admissions results vs. other families.
NYC Admissions Solutions Blog
Get your grades up. All art schools rank students according to academics, talent and drive. Some schools like LaGuardia won’t even consider students who do not have high test scores and report card grades. Other schools may not be as demanding about academics if you...read more
Don’t know what to expect when you get your Round 1 letter? Let us take you through five admission result scenarios for NYC public high school applicants. http://bit.ly/1FuWyQHread more
By Alix Klein 8th Grade, Wagner Middle School For me the high school admissions process was long and difficult. When I realized how many kids were applying to the same schools as me, I felt scared and nervous that I wouldn’t have a chance of getting in. The...read more
Getting caught up in the top schools’ reputations can keep a student from finding a high school that’s right for her. Here’s how you can identify best-fit high schools. http://bit.ly/1BF6oPhread more