Upcoming NYCAS Events
Join us for our upcoming NYC Admissions Solutions events hosted by admissions experts from our team. We’ll discuss strategies for success in the often complicated and time-consuming admissions process, from Pre-K all the way through college. We’ll also discuss how COVID-19 may impact school admissions for your family.
All of these events are VIRTUAL & FREE unless otherwise noted. Registration is required by clicking on the event dates below.
College Admissions during COVID - What to Expect & Strategies to Plan
June 8 at 6:30 PM
If your child is a current 9th, 10th or 11th-grade student, this webinar is for you!
This past year’s college admissions cycle was unlike most we have ever seen. With the implementation of test-optional/test blind/test flexible options and Covid-19, the landscape of college admissions changed significantly.
This program will address:
– 2020-2021 Admissions Cycle Trends
– The role of testing in the application process
– How to view the admissions process moving forward
– What can your student do to pivot with the new changes and still find the right fit
– How to incorporate wellness support into the college process
– What will next year bring?
This event will be presented by NYCAS Senior Admissions Counselor, Dana Ponsky.
Special Education Admissions: A Beginner's Guide
June 15 at 7:00 PM
If you believe your child is not flourishing in a traditional school environment and might benefit from a special needs environment, but are not sure where to start, this webinar is for you.
Agenda will include (subject to change):
– What does ‘special education’ actually mean?
– What are some myths about special education?
– How can you best advocate for your child?
– Step-by-step process you can implement
– Admissions timeline and what you can expect
– Creating your own ‘bible’ of resources
This event will be hosted by NYCAS Senior Special Education Admissions Counselor, Wendy Federico.
NYC Admissions Solutions provides a full range of services, ranging from our free
videos, newsletter, and blog, to our full-service concierge with
start-to-finish application & admissions support.